About Us

Joy and David Clarke have specialised in the sale of new, second-hand and antiquarian books about Norfolk and Suffolk since the 1980s and are longstanding members of the Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association  (PBFA) and more recently the Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA), Britain's two professional Antiquarian book selling associations.


‘We ran the St Michael at Plea antique centre and coffee shop in one of Norwich’s redundant medieval churches for nearly twenty years where we established our bookshop. Since relinquishing the lease we searched Norwich for a suitable city centre shop which we eventually found early in 2010 on Davey Place and close to Norwich’s famous outdoor market. Situated on a foot street our immediate neighbours include Virgin bank, Patisserie Valerie, Animal the clothing chain-store, The Body Shop and Cath Tate. 40% of our business is with the purchase and sale of general second-hand books with specialities in military, transport, art, topography, childrens and classic novels. The remaining 60% of our business comprises the sale of new full-price, remainder and bargain books with the emphasis on those about Norfolk, Suffolk and the Broads.’